Asia Choral Grand Prix 2019
July 21, 2019 Cultural Center of the Philippines GENERAL INFORMATION Organization The Asia Choral Grand Prix (ACGP) is jointly organized by the following international choral festivals in Asia: the Andrea O. Veneracio.....................
July 21, 2019
Cultural Center of the Philippines
The Asia Choral Grand Prix (ACGP) is jointly organized by the following international choral festivals in Asia: the Andrea O. Veneracion International Choral Festival (Philippines), the Bali International Choir Festival (Indonesia) and the Singapore International Choral Festival (Singapore).
The ACGP will be held every two years starting in 2019. The first will be hosted by the Philippines and will take place at the Cultural Center of the Philippines on July 21, 2019. The next ACGP will be held in Indonesia in 2021, and in Singapore in 2023.
Two top winning choirs chosen by the organizers from the winners of the 2017 and 2018 competitions of each of the participating festivals will be eligible to participate in the ACGP. A choir chosen to represent the ACGP in one competition will no longer be considered to represent the other two Festivals in the same competition cycle.
The participating choir must render a varied programme of its choice with a maximum singing time of 20 minutes.
COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The entire programme must be sung either a cappella or with live pitched accompaniment.
- Only a maximum of seven (7) minutes may be dedicated to pieces with live pitched accompaniment.
- The a cappella songs may be rendered with pitchless instruments.
- The 20-minute maximum singing time will be counted from the singing of the first note of the first piece, to the last note of the last piece, including the pauses in between the songs.
- Only legally printed music, published editions, or duly authorized manuscripts can be used in the competition.
- No recorded accompaniment is allowed.
- The use of microphones and other sound amplification is not allowed.
- Singing time must be strictly observed. A penalty by means of a one-point deduction from the total score will be incurred for every additional minute of overtime.
A jury of five (5) internationally renowned adjudicators with a maximum of two (2) Asians, will evaluate the Competition.
The judging criteria will be based equally on the following:
- Sound Quality
- Fidelity to the Score
- Artistic Impression & Choice of Programme
- A cash prize of US$6,000.00, a certificate and a trophy will be awarded to the winner. The prizes shall be provided by the ACGP festival host.
PROVISIONS OF THE ACGP FESTIVAL HOST
- Accommodations and Meals
The festival host will provide accommodations and meals for a maximum of 31 persons: 30 singing performers and one (1) conductor for three (3) days and two (2) nights of the competition.
- Local Transportation
The festival host will provide the participating choirs local transportation from the airport to the hotel upon the choirs’ arrival and from the hotel to the airport upon the choirs’ departure. The host country will also provide transportation from the hotel to the performance venue before the performance, and back to the hotel after the performance, on the day of the competition.
For more information, please email the ACGP 2019 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Official Facebook Page of the Asia Choral Grand Prix 2019 at https://www.facebook.com/asiachoralgrandprix/
SIX SIMULTANEOUS CONCERTS IN SIX DIFFERENT CHURCHES!
6 Asia Choral Grand Prix 2019 participating choirs sing in 6 simultaneous concerts in 6 different cultural heritage and architectural landmark churches!
SATURDAY evening of JULY 20, 2019!
COME and WATCH!
BRAWIJAYA UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHOIR
7:45 PM / St. Andrew the Apostle Parish
Bel Air II, Makati City
E DEUM VOICE
7:30 PM / St. John Bosco Parish
Amorsolo St., Makati City
PADUAN SUARA MAHASISWA UNIVERSITAS PADJADJARAN
7:30 PM / Archdiocesan Shrine of the Blessed Sacrament
Parish of the Our Lady of the Pillar
Santa Cruz, Manila
ST. LOUIS HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR
6:45 PM / National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help
Baclaran, Parañaque City
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES LOS BAÑOS CHORAL ENSEMBLE
7:15 PM / Minor Basilica of San Sebastián
VOCALISTA HARMONIC CHOIR ISI YOGYAKARTA
6:45 PM / Minor Basilica of San Lorenzo